- You CANNOT be on multiple teams or switch teams once the contest starts.
- You CANNOT share passwords/founds between different teams.
- You CANNOT steal passwords or techniques used by another team.
- You MUST NOT interfere with the efforts of another team.
- Teams MUST NOT attempt to gain unauthorized access or block access to any system used by Cynosure Prime or another team.
- Teams MUST ONLY use systems they are authorized to use.
- You CAN use as many systems/CPUs/GPUs as you wish.
- Any Illegal activity will be reported.
- The team with the most points at the end of the contest wins.
- Teams need to have a defined list of members before the contest starts.
- A writeup containing your methods and attack techniques and the tools used is strongly encouraged.
- A team member is not required to be at Cyphercon, but it would be cool if there was.
- Pro teams must email
firstname.lastname@example.org to register as "Pro".
- A team can only register as pro if they have not submitted any found as "Street".
- A writeup/blog post containing what you learned and the resources that helped you get there is strongly encouraged but, not a requirement. This helps others to get started cracking passwords.
- Need a hand getting started? Stop over by the Password Cracking Village.